Subject: Re: Problems with -current
To: None <ender@macbsd.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/14/2000 07:02:56
Colin Wood wrote:

>Bob Nestor wrote:
>> Is anyone (other than Steve Brown) working on the ADB/wscons code?
>
>scott did the original work...

My Apologies, I should have been clearer.  I know Scott did all the
original work on wscons (twice).  I even tested it on my Performa-550
prior to it being committed.  What prompted my message was that Steve and
I were both having problems with -current and A3 mice and we'd both
posted questions on the subject.  The only answers I saw were messages
from you and ourselves.  Steve dug into the code and found a problem and
worked up a fix for his system and he sent me the URL to his marchhare
kernel.  I tried it on my system and it partially corrected the problems
I was seeing.  That's what prompted the above message.

>> If anyone is working on this code I'd be happy to do some testing.  I'd
>> hate to see us do the 1.5 Release with these problems since systems like
>> mine have been working with the A3 in both GENERIC and MRG modes going
>> back to the days of 1.0.
>
>what kind of machine do you have?  i haven't heard problems from anyone
>other than you and steve so far.  it may be a model-specific problem...
>are there any earlier -current kernels around that you can try?

The only -current kernels I have are the ones Steve Allen (wormey) has
posted on the server, 23, 24, and 26. They all show the same problem on
my system; MRG kernels hang while probing the ADB and GENERIC kernels
panic with a uvm_fault after ams0 probe.  The only kernel I have, other
than a stock 1.4.2 one, which does work to some extent is Steve Brown's
marchhare kernel.  It works with an Apple one-button mouse but panics
with a uvm_fault when the A3 mouse is attached.

-bob