Subject: Problems with -current
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/13/2000 08:54:00
Is anyone (other than Steve Brown) working on the ADB/wscons code?

Sometime after 1.4.2 the code was broken and is no longer working on my
system. None of the GENERIC-{23,24,26} or MRG-{23,24,26} kernels will
boot successfully on my system. The GENERIC ones panic with a uvm_fault
right after the ADB probe; the MRG ones hang while trying to probe the
ADB.  This happens with both an A3 mouse and with the standard Apple
one-button mouse.  Both mice work fine with the "old" 1.4.2 kernels.

Steve did find a problem in the adb_direct code and has a -current
GENERIC kernel working on his system with an A3 mouse.  It doesn't work
on my system with the A3 mouse (still get the uvm_fault), but it does
work with the standard Apple one-button mouse.  I think he's going to
commit the code changes, but obviously there's still a nasty bug in there.

If anyone is working on this code I'd be happy to do some testing.  I'd
hate to see us do the 1.5 Release with these problems since systems like
mine have been working with the A3 in both GENERIC and MRG modes going
back to the days of 1.0.

thanks,
-bob