Subject: Re: Building KDE....error description and all that jazz
To: None <Greg_Evans@condenast.com>
From: Andy Finnell <andy_finnell@bellsouth.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/09/2000 12:28:54
on 5/9/2000 9:30 AM, Greg_Evans@condenast.com at Greg_Evans@condenast.com
wrote:

> After my previous attempt to build KDE failed, I have now logged the building
> of
> it from packages.  The problem seems to lie in the following bit during
> compiling ncurses-5.0
>
> .../c++/cursesw.cc: In method `int NCursesWindow::scanw(const char * ...)';
>
> .../c++/cursesw.cc:55: ANSI C++ forbids casting to an array type
>
> .../c++/cursesw.cc: In method `int NCursesWindow::scanw(int, int, const char *
> ....)':
>
> .../c++/cursesw.cc:77: ANSI C++ forbids casting to an array type
>
> ***Error Code 1
>

> Stop.
>
> ***Error Code 1
>

> is there an easy way for me to get around this?  I have already tried (even
> though I am by no means out of memory) unlimit datasize before I started to
> build this package...

Well, that depends on how you define easy.  The error your getting is
because the C++ code is trying cast a pointer to an array.  I remember this
error when I was compiling ncurses on my NetBSD/macppc machine.  Simply go
to those lines mentioned (55, and 77) in file cursesw.cc a remove the type
casts, then try to compile again.

HTH,

    -andy