Subject: Re: Snapshot problems
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tim McNamara <timmcn@mr.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/07/2000 10:18:26
>I tried loading Steve's 4/8 snapshot and I'm getting an MMU fault on
>bootup right after the ams0 probe.  Is anyone else seeing similar
>problems?

Is that the generic-24 build?  If so, it doesn't boot on my PowerBook
145B either.  Or is this a different kernel?

With -24, There's a lot of clabber about every partition on the SCSI
drives that doesn't happen with the 1.4.2 generic kernel:

"could not mode sense (4/5); using fictitious geometry"

The boot process gets through reading the time from PRAM, notes that
it doesn't seem to be accurate, identifies the root file system type
as ffs, and then

"panic:  cnopen:  cn_tab->cn_dev == NODEV

stopped in init at   _cpu_debugger+0x6  unlk  a6
db>"