Subject: Re: starting from scratch
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Stevens <stevenss@tcfreenet.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/2000 15:45:12
Hello,

I've recently started running NetBSD on an SE/30 (32 MB ram/1 gig HD,)
mostly for the adventure of it.  I have a specific question about Xmac68k.
On one of my other machines running the x86 port, I can configure the X
server to have a 'virtual screen larger than the physical screen' up to the
limits of video memory.  I can't find out how to configure this, or even
where a configuration file for the X server itself resides.  Is there a way
to do this on an SE/30?  It's a little cramped running X on a 512 x 342
screen (I've learned to accept 'one-bit color depth.')  Is there a file
similar to /etc/XF86Config on the Intel port?  What are my configuration
options for the X Server on an SE/30?

Thanks in advance,
Scott Stevens