Subject: Re: UNIX libs on PC or Mac
To: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
From: Roger Brown <rogerhb@xtra.co.nz>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/2000 06:47:51
If you want to do command line tools on Macintosh then I highly recommend
using the 'MPW Shell' which you can down load free from www.apple.com.

The programs are called 'MPW tools' are much more restrictive than standard
applications and can not do any graphics but can use main(int argc,char
**argv) and pipes etc.

The MPW Shell can only run one tool at a time (but can do multiple scripts)
so you can not do 'system()','spawn()' or 'exec()' calls.

On Windows, MSVC certainly includes all of stdio and stat and much much
more.

Roger