Subject: Re: NetBSD Firewalls Made Easy
To: Timberwoof <mroeder@best.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/03/2000 15:46:14
On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 12:35:38AM -0700, Timberwoof wrote:
> I'm kaving some trouble installing the netbsd_fw.tgz file: the installer
> barfs with an error of type 1. Under MacOS, Netscape downloads it as a
> SimpleText file. The file ssh-1.2.27.tar.gz downloads as a "tar" file,
> though.

Don't download files with Netscape, use Fetch, force it to download in
binary mode, and don't let it do *any* post processing.

Or, download the files under BSD with standard ftp and use pax to
uncompress them preserving file permissions from wherever's
appropriate (probably /, but make sure).

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net