Subject: Re: i'm all-pro
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/01/2000 18:44:52
On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 02:29:39PM -0700, David A. Gatwood wrote:
> "The Red Book".  It's the "Unix System Administration Handbook" by Nemeth,
> Snyder, Seebass, and Hein.  Seems to be a favorite in the *BSD camps, or
> at least it used to be... is it still?  :-)

The Red Book is still prescribed for new sysadmins at
cs.swarthmore.edu, only we call the Garth Book 'round here, since
Garth Snyder is a '90 Swarthmore alum and former sysadmin on the
here.

I'm a personal fan of O'Reilly & Associates (in general, but
specifically their) book on the subject, "Essential System
Administration" by Æleen Frisch.

ISBN number of the Red Book is 0-13-151051-7 and on ORA's job is
1-56592-127-5.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net