Subject: Re: i'm all-pro
To: mr. Anderson <lime@lab.net>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/01/2000 14:29:39
On Mon, 1 May 2000, mr. Anderson wrote:

> i used vipw to change the root password and now i can't login. when i
> used netbsd booter to boot into single user mode the file system became
> read only too so i couldn't change it back. how to proceed?

mount -u -w /dev/sd0a /

I think. (or whatever drive number)

> by the way, would you recommend a good unix book? what i want to learn
> is how to configure a netbsd system to provide the internet to my other
> computers over an ethernet.

"The Red Book".  It's the "Unix System Administration Handbook" by Nemeth,
Snyder, Seebass, and Hein.  Seems to be a favorite in the *BSD camps, or
at least it used to be... is it still?  :-)

Later,
David

A logician trying to explain logic to a programmer is like a cat
trying to explain to a fish what it's like to be wet.

	-- unknown, possibly Franklin Veaux