Subject: Re: ipip gif and gre
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Richard UNGER <runger@cs.mcgill.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/27/2000 17:47:15
Hi,

Thanks for the information. I guess compiling a new kernel is the next
step for me. I think I might try with ipip or gre first, since it does not
seem that gif is included in the distribution I have (1.4.1)...
Also, I think I want to try without encryption first. I already have ssh
installed on my box, and I've looked into ipSEC a bit, but I want the
tunnel primarily to run NetMeeting (videoconferencing) and I fear that the
overhead of encryption will slow down the connection, since my NetBSD box
is but a 25MHz Quadra 700...

Thanks a lot!

Richie