Subject: RE: ADSL modems
To: 'port-mac68k@netbsd.org' <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Yu <rky@PocketScience.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/26/2000 14:39:31
Jason's pppoe was meant to run with user-ppp
(as opposed to pppd), available at www.awfulhak.org.
So jason's pppoe is probably doubly-CPU intensive.
Of course user-ppp doesn't (yet) run on NetBSD, so
it's a moot point.

Luke Stras's pppoe code works with pppd.  However,
I set that solution aside because well I'm a dumb-dumb,
and couldn't figure out how to use the pty-redirector.
Der Mouse's package isn't documented, but I'm guessing
that it works the same way.

-Rob

http://users.erols.com/ewinkler/firewall/fwinstall.html.  I have a