Subject: Re: installing
To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Roger Fischer <rogerf1@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/05/2000 21:58:23
>> Tell me guys I installed the darn OS with the mac installer
>> WHY CAN'T I INSTALL THE APPS THE SAME WAY?

>> how am I supposed to get the apps installed?

In order to help avoid confusion, maybe we need to rename the "installer" to
"system installer" or something?  The installer is not really a generic
installer, but a MacOS->BSD translator with un-gzip un-tar capability.

As Linux, BSD and other opensource Unices hit the headlines, more people
with less experience will want to try them.  What is common sense to me
now was extremely cryptic when I first installed NetBSD.  The learning
curve was nearly vertical.