Subject: Re: configure firewall with ipchains
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/22/2000 15:40:02
On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Franck Chionna wrote:
>
> > hi,
> >
> > i had no success to configure my virtual IP address to permit the work enter
> > in my local network..
> >
> > my machine has 192.168.1.254, in local ip, PPP dynamic in Internet IP,
> > and 192.168.1.200 : 5500 in virtual IP...i think the protocol  is TCP and UDP
>
> As Miles mentioned, your terminology is a bit confusing.
>
> NetBSD does not have ipchains, whatever they are.

ipchains is what's used in Linux 2.1.x and possibly 2.2.x.  It replaced
ipfwadm and offered virtually no real additional capabilities other than a
little friendlier syntax.  It is being replcaed by something that also, to
my knowledge, offers very little additional functionality, and has yet
another new and incompatible interface.  Thanks, but no thanks.  :-)

David