Subject: Re: Quadra 650 & NetBSD ...
To: Mehul Sanghvi <mehul@kirsun.ne.mediaone.net>
From: Salvatore Mancini <salvatore@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/15/2000 23:58:47
hello

If you are in the New England area I would suggest trying the Goodwill
Bargain Basement stores. They often have old computers for sale, mostly
386's and 486's. But they sometimes have macII era computers. There
pricing seems to be based on the physical size of the unit, anywhere from
15 to 25 dollars. I have found mac II's with nubus ethernet cards more
than once. And for $20 getting a nic card and some ram and a hard drive
is a good deal, even if its a dead machine(which they usuallt at least
boot).

Another thing is that the MIT flea market starts up again in April. Iknow
that is a long way off but it is a good source of used equipment. They do
it on the third sunday of each month from april to october.

happy hunting
Sal Mancini