Subject: Re: fetchmail and SMTP
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Jeffrey Ohlmann <jeffbsd@yahoo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/13/2000 13:50:14
--- Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Jeffrey Ohlmann wrote:

> Do you have sendmail running? The default config should be fine, so
> "/usr/sbin/sendmail /etc/sendmail.cf" should do. You could also set
> sendmail=YES in /etc/rc.conf. You should also edit /etc/aliases to
> set
> "postmaster" and "root" to your user, and run "newaliases".

sendmail is now running (thanks) and fetchmail seems happier.  However,
received mail does seem to be getting into my ~/mail folder.  The
output from fetchmail -v now looks like this:

<handshaking deleted>
fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<jaohlma@localhost>
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 <jaohlma@localhost>... Recipient ok
fetchmail: SMTP> DATA
fetchmail: SMTP< 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
#*fetchmail: SMTP>. (EOM)
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 NAA01898 Message accepted for delivery
 flushed
fetchmail: POP3> DELE 1
fetchmail: POP3< +OK
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK jaohlma InterMail POP3 server signing off.
fetchmail: SMTP> QUIT
fetchmail: SMTP< 221 netbsd.jeffoh.org closing connection
fetchmail: normal termination, status 0

The remarks about "flushed" and "DELE 1" make me think something's
still not right.  Do I have to do any additional configuration to
ensure local delivery of received mail?

Thanks,

Jeffrey Ohlmann