Subject: fetchmail and SMTP
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Jeffrey Ohlmann <jeffbsd@yahoo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/13/2000 13:22:58
I'm trying to use fetchmail to retrieve mail from my ISP to read
locally with Pine.  I believe I have my .fetchmailrc file configured
correctly, but when I attempt to get the mail, I receive the following:

1 message for jaohlma at <hostname.domain> (671 octets).
reading message 1 of 1 (671 octets)
fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from <hostname.domain>
fetchmail: Query status=10

Where of course <hostname.domain> is been replaced by the actual FQDN.

Running fetchmail -v I can see that connection and authentication
remotely is successful, so the problem appears to be on my NetBSD
machine.

I would appreciate any pointers in the correct direction for what still
needs to be configured.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Ohlmann