Subject: Adding partitions
To: port mac 68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Kadari Mayson <kmayson@viconet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/11/2000 11:24:56

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BF7482.9FDB8EC0

I have a dedicated BSD drive with free space, is it ok to re-partition =
the drive?  Or is this what we call "destructive" re-partitioning?  Will =
it completely screw up my existing partitions?  Why isn't there a =
non-destructive partition utility for the mac like Partition Magic for =
the PC.  PM is verry sweet and easy to use.  Is it because it's not =
possible on the Mac or that no one cares enuff to write one?  Seems to =
me that FBW, long-time Mac supporter and harddrive utility authors would =
come up with a scheme.  Oh well.

km

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BF7482.9FDB8EC0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have a dedicated BSD drive with free =
space, is it=20
ok to re-partition the drive?&nbsp; Or is this what we call =
"destructive"=20
re-partitioning?&nbsp; Will it completely screw up my existing =
partitions?&nbsp;=20
Why isn't there a non-destructive partition utility for the mac like =
Partition=20
Magic for the PC.&nbsp; PM is verry sweet and easy to use.&nbsp; Is it =
because=20
it's not possible on the Mac or that no one cares enuff to write =
one?&nbsp;=20
Seems to me that FBW, long-time Mac supporter and harddrive utility =
authors=20
would come up with a scheme.&nbsp; Oh well.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>km</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BF7482.9FDB8EC0--