Subject: Re: protocal not supported??
To: port mac 68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Bartosh <bartosh@apple.tamu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/09/2000 20:57:51
>Actually, I was wondering if maybe you're mounting /var/tmp over NFS?
>If so, you may be trying to use NFS over TCP and the server may only
>support NFS over UDP.  Hence the "protocol not supported" message?

That is likely. Not only was I having permission problems on /tmp
(from nfs), thinking back I believe there was some trick either on
the client or server side that forced v. 1 or 2 of nfs, and I know I
didn't do that this time.

The point is moot, however, since NT has trashed my /dev/hdc on the
linux server- if anyone know how to recover a partition map on a
linux pc, please let me know, and maybe one day in the not so distant
future I can ponder this nfs question.

Thanks for all the help.

-mab