Subject: Re: protocal not supported??
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/09/2000 17:21:06
Actually, I was wondering if maybe you're mounting /var/tmp over NFS?
If so, you may be trying to use NFS over TCP and the server may only
support NFS over UDP.  Hence the "protocol not supported" message?

Just thinking out loud...

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Allen Briggs wrote:

> > At 8:02 AM -0800 2/9/00, Kadari Mayson wrote:
> > >Did you set your environment to vt220?  If not, at the prompt, type export
> > >TERM=vt220.  It might be a good idea to put this into your .profile.
> >
> > Did that- no dice.
> >
> > Thx, though. Any other ideas?
>
> Make sure that your filesystems are mounting r/w -- especially the one
> with /tmp and/or /var/tmp.
>
> -allen

|   Paul Goyette  | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer|  BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| & kernel hacker |  91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |