Subject: upgrading from NetBSD 1.3.1 to 1.4.x
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Tarka <tommy@mp3.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/09/2000 17:35:35
This might sound crazy, but I have a IIcx running NetBSD 1.3.1 that
I want to upgrade to 1.4.x, but I don't have physical access to the
machine so I'd like to try to do it remotely.

Since I have 2 partitions on my drive, mounted at / and /usr/local, I'm
thinking I could move everything to the / partition, install on the
/usr/local disk, and reboot...ack! But I can't because my booter will
be pointed at the wrong directory, right?

Any ideas on how to do this, or even how to remotely upgrade
to 1.3.2 or something?  Seems like there are lots of binary pkgs
around for mac68k for 1.3.2 but not for 1.3.1, and this is a stumbling
block.

Alternately, if the above is possible, and all I have to do is have the
change the partition that the booter points at, I could probably have
someone at the box's physical location (a few states away) do that
for me...

Thanks,