Subject: Re: vty and pty
To: Kadari Mayson <kmayson@viconet.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/08/2000 21:48:28
On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Kadari Mayson wrote:

> Is NetBSD's pty (Pseudo Terminal) the same as FreeBSD's vty (Pseudo
> Terminal)?  If so, how would i switch screens?  In freebsd i386, all
> you need to do is type ALT-Fx to switch screens.  How would us NetBSD
> users do this?

	If your port supports wscons, (i386, alpha, pmax, some arm32,
	vax, maybe others), enable virtual consoles in rc.conf.

	If not, use dt or screen (from pkgsrc), or help people
	convert your port to using wscons. I believe someone has
	done a lot of work on mac68k wscons and with any luck it
	should be around for 1.5 ...

> Could any of you ppl using cablemodems help me set this sucker up?  I
> got ppp working, now i wanna set it up as a proxy using ipnat.

	Have you checked the network documentation on www.netbsd.org

		David/absolute