Subject: Re: Quadra 840av support
From: David Johnston <david@canopus.apana.org.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/06/2000 16:19:11
On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 02:51:17PM -0500, Michael R. Zucca wrote:
> At 2:09 AM -0500 2/5/00, Dave Huang wrote:
> >On Sat, 5 Feb 2000, David Johnston wrote:
> >> Who would be the relevant experts on the 840av/660av DMA code and the sparc
> >> esp DMA SCSI driver? I'm going to have questions...
> >
> >Well, I wouldn't consider myself an expert on the subject, but I did
> >write the mc ethernet driver... I basically figured out what I needed to
> >know by disassembling the MacOS driver; perhaps a (partial) disassembly
> >of SCSI Manager 4.3 or whatever would be a start. With only one driver
> >in NetBSD that uses the AV Mac's DMA, it's sorta hard to tell what's
> >Ethernet-specific and what's applicable to DMA in general... anyways,
> >feel free to ask me questions :) Hopefully I'll have some useful answers
> >:)
>
> The linux-m68k port has some additional info in their comments about the
> DMA channels on the PSC including guesses about SCSI and sound.

Do you know if the linux-m68k guys have got any further than us on supporting
840av/660av DMA? Working code can be the best documentation of all :-)

(a more general question to everyone):
What's the best (still available) book on 68040 assembler? I don't own one.

    david

--

David Johnston
david@canopus.apana.org.au