Subject: Re: Quadra 840av support
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: David Johnston <david@canopus.apana.org.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/06/2000 01:29:00
On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 11:14:29PM -0800, Todd Whitesel wrote:
> > i'd say a fair amount of effort might be required, as you'd have to
> > figure out how to access the PSC to get it to do the SCSI transfers.  we
> > should already have DMA code for the esp driver written (the sparc port
>
> These are the same type of I/O controllers as the IIfx right?

No, I think you're thinking of the 950.

The 840av (and 660av) used a new architecture. I/O was done using DMA (through
the PSC chip) rather than using a co-processor. The 840av had a co-processor,
but that was a philips DSP which could be programmed to do a number of things.

	david

--

David Johnston
david@canopus.apana.org.au