Subject: Re: Quadra 840av support
To: David Johnston <david@canopus.apana.org.au>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/05/2000 01:09:38
On Sat, 5 Feb 2000, David Johnston wrote:
> Who would be the relevant experts on the 840av/660av DMA code and the sparc
> esp DMA SCSI driver? I'm going to have questions...

Well, I wouldn't consider myself an expert on the subject, but I did
write the mc ethernet driver... I basically figured out what I needed to
know by disassembling the MacOS driver; perhaps a (partial) disassembly
of SCSI Manager 4.3 or whatever would be a start. With only one driver
in NetBSD that uses the AV Mac's DMA, it's sorta hard to tell what's
Ethernet-specific and what's applicable to DMA in general... anyways,
feel free to ask me questions :) Hopefully I'll have some useful answers
:)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 24 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++