Subject: Re: Quadra 840av support
To: David Johnston <david@canopus.apana.org.au>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/04/2000 18:23:18
David Johnston wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 10:27:28AM -0800, Colin Wood wrote:
> > David Johnston wrote:
> > > What's the current status of 840av support? It looks like I'll get getting
> > > hold of one of these very soon.
> >
>     .
>     .
>     .
> >
> > > Does
> > > SCSI and serial use DMA yet?
> >
> > no.  neither does sound (which, like the ethernet, requires DMA to work, i
> > believe).
> >

> How much effort would be involved in getting DMA SCSI to work? Do you know
> if anyone is working on it?

i'd say a fair amount of effort might be required, as you'd have to
figure out how to access the PSC to get it to do the SCSI transfers.  we
should already have DMA code for the esp driver written (the sparc port
has this, right?).  if you're willing to totally screw up a hard drive
(not permanently, but certainly for the short term ;-), i'd say go for it.
oh, i don't know of anyone working on it now.  i'd love to find time to
work on it myself, but work has been sucking up all my time for the last
month or so...

-colin