Subject: Re: compiler
To: dkphoto <dkphoto@cyber-wire.com>
From: John Pannell <john@newyearsday.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/02/2000 16:09:27
Depending on your objectives, NetBSD can breathe life into your old mac.  I
was looking for a way to run a web, ftp, and email server on the web for
cheap.  Take my old Centris 650, install NetBSD, and bingo - it's free.  How
much would it cost on the MacOS?  I have watched top, and my server can
handle any load that a personal site can generate in traffic (until I get
Shockwave site of the day or something!)...

Also, the student who was looking to write C++ code could buy an 040 machine
on ebay... I just got a Quadra 610 for $29.  Should manage to compile
homework probs...

John P.