Subject: Re: compiler
To: dkphoto <dkphoto@cyber-wire.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/02/2000 23:07:33
	It depends on your definition of fast, and what you are doing.
	Compiling anything significant (perl, apache, kde(ahem)) on an old
	box is going to take a while, but actually using the box, running
	any of the tools etc should seem fine.

	A 68k mac running NetBSD can feel like a PowerPC box running
	MacOS at times :)

	Go have a look at port-vax where people run on uVaxII systems
	which make SE/30s look powerful :)

		David/absolute