Subject: Xmac68k_color on PowerBook 180c
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Hiroshi Noguchi <noguchi@npost1.netspace.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/26/2000 18:09:00
Hello.

Now I am trying Xmac68k_color with PowerBook 180c on which
Release 1.4.1 has been installed.

With 1.4.1 original source, it remains that VRAM address is 0xFC080000
and VRAM length is 0x40000, even if I change bit depth to 256 color
by "Booter".
VRAM length 0x40000 is lack to display with 256 color mode,
so forcibly I modified arch/mac68k/mac68k/machdep.c as to
set VRAM top address to 0xFC040000.

Then, booting succeeded in 256 color mode detecting that VRAM address
is 0xFC04000 and VRAM length is 0x80000. But, displaying origin
was shifted such as that the neighborhood of coordinate (400, 380)
is origin.

Starting X in the above situation, window title bar is displayed with
blue or purple.
But, displaying origin remained to be shifted as same as console.

Then my questions are:

- Which file I should modify in order to correct displaying origin
  to left top of LCD panel ?

- What VRAM top address is set to 0xFC080000 as default is depended
  on either "Booter" or code of kernel ?

I will be happy if anyone gives advices.
Regards.

By the way, now I am testing Sonic Systems SSC-502 SCSI-Ethernet driver
with my PowerBook. In present, it seems that some bugs exists.
Transfering rate is about 100 kbytes/sec by FTP between
NetBSD/i386 on Pentium 100MHz machine.

Hiroshi Noguchi
noguchi@npost1.netspace.or.jp
http://homepage1.nifty.com/driver/