Subject: Re: ethernet on... (was: Re: the prodigal SE/30 returns! )
To: charlie allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
From: brendan burns <bburns@wso.williams.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/21/2000 19:20:38
Folks I've been peeking around my cabletron card with MacsBug and I've
found the following:

0xfafffe00-0xfafffea2: The MAC Address encode in the low words with FF in
the high words:
eg my MAC address is 00:00:1D:05:68:C6 and the memory looks like:
00FF 00FF 1DFF 05FF 68FF C6FF
0xfafffea2-0xfafffe60: garbage in low words, FF in high words.
0xfafffe60-0xfafffe78: "DNI Ethernet Card   " encoded in the low words.
0xfafffe78-0xfafffea8: garbage in low words, FF in high words.
0xfafffea8-0xfafffed0: "Cabletron Systems   " in the low words.
0xfafffed0-0xfafffed8: "1.1 " in the low words
0xfafffed8-0xfafffee0: 30FF 30FF 30FF 30FF (it seemed unusual that the 30
was repeated but it could be coincidence)
0xfafffee0-0xfaffff20: garbage in low words, FF in high words
0xfaffff20-0xfaffffD8: "Network_Ethernet_Apple_EnetAdapterMacII"+53 spaces
(actully 0x00FF which I guess is really the end of string char)
0xfaffffD8-0xfaffffff: garbage in low words, FF in highs
Looking back in memory this pattern is repeated from
0xfaf80000 to 0xfaffffff
repeating every 256 bytes.
Also it appear that there is memory at 0xfaf70000-0xfaf80000
any advice on how to proceed would be very useful.

brendan