Subject: Re: Mounting MacOS volumes?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/2000 18:31:18
>On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 10:53:14PM +0100, Lars M Gustafsson wrote:
>>  >Is there such thing as a Mac NFS Server?
>>
>>  Don't know now, but MacOS X will have a built in NFS support.
>
>... and that copy of Rhapsody DR 3 (2.1? something) you got if you're
>on Apple's developer mailing list already does.
>
>None of which means jack if you only have a 68k mac.

What I know of (in no particular order)

1) Cayman Gatorboxes would actually do a protocol conversion between
nfs and AppleShare

2) Intercon (http://www.intercon.com/) made NFS/Share, later called
TCPconnect 4

3) Pathway NFS (I don't remember company name)

4) Jude's nfsd

5) MacNFS from Thursby Software Systems (http://www.thursby.com)

6) MachTEN

7) Various non-nfs implementations to let you access the drives, such
as TAS, Helios EtherShare, NetAtalk, CAP, UAR, Xinet KA-share, IPT
Ushare

Hope this helps,
Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.