Subject: Re: Newly installed, and completely lost
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Larry Kollar <Larry.Kollar@arris-i.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/19/2000 12:09:09
Merideth Johnston wrote:

and some help on learning Unix would be good.]

A few quick answers....

I guess you missed the Installation How-to I wrote a while back:
<http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/install.html>. It provides
installation instructions, and takes you through fixing the rc.conf
file. You might want to have a look at the other documents here as
well.

Menus: The menushell that Andrew Burt wrote for nyx.net is available at
<ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/usenet/comp.sources.misc/volume38/menushell/>.
There may be a newer version available on nyx.net itself, but you'll
need an account (free) to get it. I haven't used it in a long time, and
I'm not sure how much setting-up you'll need to do.

Other tutorials: there are lots of good documents and links at the
Unix Reference Desk: <http://www.geek-girl.com/unix.html>. In fact,
I was going to point to you several good sites, but they're all linked
from this page!

Hope that helps,

	Larry