Subject: Re: MkHybrid question
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/18/2000 08:49:01
On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Bob Nestor wrote:

> David A. Gatwood  (dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org) wrote:
>
> >Has anyone else experienced problems with MkHybrid under NetBSD-current?
> >I'm having trouble with MkLinux CD images where some of the symbolic links
> >are appearing simply as zero length files instead of links.  That was with
> >1.12b5.3.  I'm trying b5.4 now, but I really don't expect any difference.
> >Ideas?
>
> I seem to recall this worked in the very first version of Mkhybrid.  I
> haven't seen it work since then. You might try mounting the CD under
> something like System 7.5 and see if the links are there. It could be a
> porblem in later releases of System.  There are a number of things that
> MacOS doesn't handle correctly on CDs.

MacOS doesn't show any of the symlinks.  They're only included on the
iso-9660 side, which is fine.  The weirdness is that some of them worked
and some of them showed up as zero-length files, even in the same
directory, even when pointing to the same file.  I didn't see this
behaviour for CD images created under MkLinux, which would at least hint
at some sort of library or endianness bug or something when stat'ing the
files. Seems a rather simple peration to be non-deterministic, though....

David