Subject: Re: Snapshot question
To: Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/15/2000 19:21:24
On Jan 15,  6:14pm, Alex Zepeda wrote:
>I figured I'd be daring and try to "buildworld" (for lack of a better
>term) but first I thought I'd try a new kernel (so I ran sup, and got the
>latest -current sources..).  Well it turns out I needed a newer assembeler
>so I downloaded the base, etc, man and comp sets from the December 7th
>snapshot (and am installing them right now with tar *grin*).
>
>My question is, are the snapshots I downloaded from what is destined to be
>the 1.4.2 branch or is it truely -current?  Just a passing curiosity, but
>still...

The snapshots should be labelled as to what they are.  1.4.2_ALPHA is the
one leading to the 1.4.2 release, current-somedate is a -current built from
sources as of 'somedate'.

So, current-1991207 is built from -current Dec 7 sources.   (And I really
need to make a new one; I've been waiting for a cable modem connection
which was supposed to be available by now, but might be some time yet.) :-(

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus
handicapped.
		-- Elbert Hubbard