Subject: Re: NFS, Protocol not supported
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/12/2000 13:47:08
On 1/12/00 at 11:18 AM, Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> >I get that message.  Should NFS work between a linux and
> >BSD machine?  If so could someone give me some clues as
> >to how to make it  work?

I have NFS running on my NetBSD 1.3.2 box (Q900). I can access the volumes from
NetBSD 1.4 and from LinuxPPC and from intel RedHat linux 6.

Here's my /etc/exports from the NetBSD box:

/                       -maproot=nobody xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
/usr                    -maproot=nobody xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

(if you need root access then -maproot=root, but be aware of security concerns)

Then on my linux Redhat box in /etc/fstab:

shaft:/                 /shaft        nfs  timeo=12,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
shaft:/usr              /shaft/usr    nfs  timeo=12,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192

(The NetBSD box is called "shaft")

This works great here...

Good luck,

Joseph Laffey