Subject: Re: 68k to ppc port info query
To: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org>
From: Roger Brown <rogerhb@xtra.co.nz>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/12/2000 13:30:18

>> 2. Somehow create an OpenFirmware booter as a MacOS application that could
>> start either linuxppc or NetBSD/macppc. (by that I mean have a MacOS
>> application that adds a lump of code into memory that emulates the
>> OpenFirmware ROMs).
>
>Kind of like BootX, you mean?  Just add NetBSD support to it.  No point in
>writing a new booter....  ;-)

I have not come across BootX, what is the likely amount of work to...

1. Make BootX work on the Peforma 6200

2. Make BootX able to load and start NetBSD/macppc

This might be a good logical route given the 630 support already in
NetBSD/mac68k and the PDS ethernet support.

What project is BootX currently used with?

Regards

Roger