Subject: Re: SCSI question
To: Donald Lee <donlee_68k@icompute.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/10/2000 12:10:41
> Can anyone tell me what the following messages mean?
> Jan  9 23:47:58 charm /netbsd: dmaintr: discarded 13 b (last transfer was 1534 b).
> Jan  9 23:47:58 charm /netbsd: esp0: !TC on DATA XFER [intr 10, stat 83, step 4] prevphase 0, resid 5fe

This means, basically, that the esp (Quadra SCSI) driver detected a data
underrun.  For some reason, the drive ended the transaction early--either
it got some sort of error or it thought it was finished or something.  I
don't know what causes this.  A SCSI bus analyzer would make it somewhat
easier to track down, but I don't have access to any such beast.

> When I stress it, it seems to corrupt data, and then eventually the kernel
> panics.

Does it seem to corrupt data when you don't get the messages?

-allen