Subject: Re: minimal MacOS
To: Tino Reinhardt <h0444idm@rz.hu-berlin.de>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/09/2000 18:19:13
On Sun, Jan 09, 2000 at 11:50:27PM +0100, Tino Reinhardt wrote:
> It's partition contains a (German)
> - Systemordner (system-folder) with
>         - System (916K)
>         - Finder (289K)
>         - Disk Tools 1 Enabler (2K)

Try deleting this Enabler, switch the System with the one from a
standard install for this mac, and replace the Finder with a copy of
the NetBSD booter renamed to "Finder" and residing in der (die? das?)
Systemordner.

>         - Apple-Menu (empty folder)
>         - Kontrollfelder (control-fields, empty folder)
>         - Preferences (empty folder)
>         - Startobjekte (empty folder)
>         - Systemerweiterungen (extensions, empty folder)
>         - Zeichensaetze (fonts, empty folder)

You can safely delete all the empty folders, I think.

If you really want to strip it down, get rid of the System Folder
entirely and put the System and the copy-of-booter-renamed-Finder at
the root level of the HFS partition.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net