Subject: Re: Does mack68k NetBSD support actual RS422 or just RS232
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Roger Brown <rogerhb@xtra.co.nz>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/06/2000 15:31:53
The original note also mentioned localtalk, this uses a 'carrier' (actually
FM-0, aka biphase space) on the bus while packets are transmitted, the Zilog
SCC can be programmed to generate this signalling and uses SDLC framing with
CRC for packet encoding. Signalling is at 230.4Kbits per second with one
transition within the cell for a one and two transitions in a cell to
represent zero. High-impedance driver buffers are switched on only while
transmitting.

Roger Brown