Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.4.1 - Clock stops when doing I/O
To: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/05/2000 11:34:27
> >So the 950 is one to stay away from? Is the q950 an ancestor of the FX with
> >it's IOP  differences?
> No, the IIfx is a dead end that resulted from pushing the 030 to the limit.
> Then they backed off and concentrated on the 040. The 950 is the end of
> THAT line of development (and a DAMM good machine, too - I only switched to
> PowerPC a month ago!).

Kind of.  The IOP technology from the IIfx is in the Q950.  The IOPs
only appear in the IIfx, the Q900, and the Q950 (and therefore the
AWS95).

In the IIfx, I believe that the IOPs are used for SCSI, but I don't
think they are used for SCSI in the Q900/Q950.  They do, however,
run the serial, ADB, and floppy in both the IIfx and the Q900/Q950.

Pax,
-allen