Subject: NetBSD 1.4.1 - Clock stops when doing I/O
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_68k@icompute.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/04/2000 23:27:41
Dear list,

Thank you all for the quick responses.

I'm hearing that the 840av is a special beast, and that the SCSI drivers
don't support DMA on the 840av.  This would explain the poor performance.

Clock troubles aside, my CPU benchmarks indicate that the CPU is
indeed faster, but when I touch disk, it slows down markedly.

I want to "upgrade" my Quadra 610 to something with more than one disk bay,
and a little faster processor.

For general use, would I do better to move to a Q800??

I thought I was getting something a little "special" with the av.
I guess "special" translates to "trouble", no?

-dgl-