Subject: Re: Semi-Off Topic: Haunted IIcx
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: dk smith <dks@spies.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/03/2000 18:06:00
>The power button on the IIcx (and IIci, maybe others) could be set to
>the lock-on position for when the systems are used as servers; when
>set, the system automatically powers itself up whenever it is shutdown
>or whenever there's a power failure.
>
>John

How does one adress this issue on a Q800? I want to use mine as a server
however the Q800 does not have this button/lock mechanism.

Also, since I have not successfully booted into Unix yet, I was wondering
how the final boot process will play out in a production (i.e. unattended)
environment? How that will work? Must I boot the Mac OS then have the
Startup Items folder launch the NetBSD booter app? Then how does one
execute the boot command... with Applescript?

thx,
dk
--
dks@spies.com   |   Perception is nine tenths of the law.