Subject: Re: Open Relay and Sendmail
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@users.tmok.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/1999 09:06:45
Henry B. Hotz drunkenly mumbled...

> flexability of Sendmail is no longer needed.  I've looked at the docs for
> both Sendmail and Qmail and there is no contest for the ease of setup.
> You'll probably get Qmail running in less than an afternoon.

just to back up the ease of Qmail...

i was given a project at work, i had to make our mail servers behave in a
certain way.  i'm no sendmail guru, always ran it straight out of the box
since it was "good enough" for me.  anyway, after 4 hours of digging through
sendmail docs and web pages i still hadn't figured out how i was supposed to
do this.  so i started looking at qmail and within 5 minutes of poking through
the qmail web pages (not even looking for this answer, just looking at what
qmail was all about) i had the solution to my problem.

i don't think i will ever use sendmail again after this.  qmail has my vote.

-wonko
--
Brian Hechinger				Half.com Solaris Administrator