Subject: Re(2): Open Relay and Sendmail
To: None <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu>
From: David Zimmer <dz@saargate.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/1999 07:48:19
revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu writes:
>Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> writes:
>
>> I'll second that with a respect to Qmail.  I run Sendmail, but only
>because
>> the JPL tools service provides a nicely configured version that hooks
>up to
>> the local LDAP server and does a better job of unloading the central
>> server.
>
>This has been an interesting thread.  I'd never heard of qmail before.
>Blancing at a few lines from the message header:

>I take it that the netbsd site is using qmail as an MTA also?
Hello,

personally I have made very good experiences with a product called Exim.
(www.exim.org) We had the same problems as you guys describe them here
with sendmail and looked at virtually every alternative there is including
smail, qmail etc. and found exim to be the best and most flexible yet easy
to use product. We are currently running it on FreeBSD not on NetBSD but I
think you can make it run under NetBSD as well.

David

David A. Zimmer         StudioX GmbH/Alexander & Zimmer GmbH/GIBA Inc.
mailto: dz@saargate.de            Merchinger Strasse 69
http://www.saargate.de          66663 Merzig, Germany
Phone: +49 6861 9312-0         Fax: +49 6861 9312-13
-- all kind of spam to this email address forbidden/keine Werbemails --