Subject: Re: ssh
To: The Green Avenger <cram@greenavenger.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/28/1999 09:50:38
On Mon, Dec 27, 1999 at 02:18:49PM -0800, The Green Avenger wrote:
> I just got NetBSD 1.4.1 up on my Quadra 650 and have been attempting to
> find/build ssh.  Has anyone been able to do this successfully?  (I saw the
> sshsh package, but it appears to need ssh to work.)

Either cd /usr/src/pkgsrc/security/ssh ; make ; make install or grab
the source from ftp.cs.hut.fi/ssh and compile it yourself (I recomend
the latter method because it gives you more control and means that you
*have* to know the compile time options passed to a rather important
security daemon, but there are those here who disagree with me).

If you want to be more-secure-than-F-secure, look into ossh from
<someone> or OpenSSH from the OpenBSD project
(http://www.openssh.com/).

> Also, are there searchable archives of this email list?  It would help
> keep us newbies from asking questions that have already been answered. ;-)

Searchable, no, but you could make one of your own easily enough by
downloading all months up to the current one from
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mac68k/ as text (as opposed to as
source) and then either grepping or searching in your favorite pager
through them.

In fact, it should be pretty easy to configure wget to get each month
as it's completed...

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net