Subject: Re: dial on demand ppp
To: Jean-Francois Fortier <jefortie@cgocable.ca>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/27/1999 16:15:11
Check out the man page for pppd(8).  It documents all of the options.

The one you're interested in is "idle".  You may also want to look at
"active-filter-out" and "active-filter-in".

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Jean-Francois Fortier wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> 	I did the ppp setup on my se/30  i.e. dial-on-demand ppp + ipnat...
> Thanks to the HOWTO contribution, it's very helpfull. But There's still one
> thing:  (in particular to Paul Goyette) is it possible to set an automatic
> disconnect if the ppp interface is comes idle for x minutes ?
>
> If so, will it reconnect automatic if traffic comes back. Because to
> disconnect ppp-on-demand I have to execute the "ppp-stop" script and it
> kills the pppd, so to reconnect I have to interact and type "ppp=start".
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

|   Paul Goyette  | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer|  BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| & kernel hacker |  91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |