Subject: Re: New "release" snapshot
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/17/1999 18:19:27
Frederick Bruckman  (fb@enteract.com) wrote:

>This upcoming NetBSD-1.4.2 release will be the first, for mac68k, to
>include the new installation kernel as a binary. Look under
>"installation/inskernel". Resizing of and creating partitions is known
>not to work, but changing partition types, as well as all the MI
>functions, should work OK. Try it!

The problem of not being able to resize or create partitions is described
in PR 8434. There's also a patch in there that seems to fix the problem -
on my system at least.  If anyone is adventerous, has the ability to
build their own kernels and wants to try this out I'd appreciate the
feedback.

-bob