Subject: Re: CD questions
To: <>
From: Dave Schmitt <dschmi1@umbc.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1999 22:58:00
On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Bob Nestor wrote:

> Dave Schmitt  (dschmi1@umbc.edu) wrote:
>
> >I downloaded the NetBSD 1.4.1 CD image and burned it using Toast so that I
> >could try it out at home. However, in the mac68k binary section, several of
> >the sets are 0 bytes. I assume this is because they were symlinked to stuff
> >in another director; is this correct and are those files in M68K?
> >
> >Also, the Booter, Installer, and Mkfs apps seem to all be missing their
> >resource forks; is this because the CD is ISO9660?
>
> Symlinked files on the CD aren't always followed properly under MacOS, at
> least that's what I've found in making CDs.

That's what I figured.

> The MacOS apps on the FTP site do have the resrouce forks, but you have
> to remember to download them in binary, not ASCII or MacBinary.

It was downloaded in binary; I say it because it was just a single file CD
image (ftp://ftp.nuri.net/pub/FreeISO/netbsd/netbsd-1.4.1.iso).

> If you still can't get it to work right you can send me a blank CD and
> I'll burn it for you.

Thanks, but that's not necessary. I can just copy the mac apps to floppy or
burn a custom HFS CD. I was just curious if it was the way i burned it or an
ISO-9660 thing or what.

--
Dave Schmitt <dschmi1@umbc.edu>