Subject: Re: CD questions
To: Dave Schmitt <dschmi1@umbc.edu>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1999 19:05:21
Dave Schmitt  (dschmi1@umbc.edu) wrote:

>I downloaded the NetBSD 1.4.1 CD image and burned it using Toast so that I
>could try it out at home. However, in the mac68k binary section, several of
>the sets are 0 bytes. I assume this is because they were symlinked to stuff
>in another director; is this correct and are those files in M68K?
>
>Also, the Booter, Installer, and Mkfs apps seem to all be missing their
>resource forks; is this because the CD is ISO9660?

Symlinked files on the CD aren't always followed properly under MacOS, at
least that's what I've found in making CDs.

The MacOS apps on the FTP site do have the resrouce forks, but you have
to remember to download them in binary, not ASCII or MacBinary.

If you still can't get it to work right you can send me a blank CD and
I'll burn it for you.

-bob