Subject: Re: ae driver probing max. 32k RAM -- why?
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/14/1999 22:22:05
> after looking at my ethernet card for quite some time and wondering about
> the discrepancy between
>
> espresso /netbsd: ae0 at nubus0 slot c: Ethernet A-Series, 32KB memory
> espresso /netbsd: ae0: Ethernet address 00:40:10:02:0f:26
>
> and what the fine print on the RAM chips says (2x 32k) I finally UTSL'd.
> Patching if_ae.c like...

Hmmm...  I seem to recall having some problems with false-positives on
32k cards when I tried a similar patch several years ago.  It's quite
possible that there were other bogons in effect at the time, though.  If
someone tries this patch with a 32k board and it works, then it looks
good to me.  :-)

-allen