Subject: Re: Tape drive freezes system
To: None <abuse@brushtail.apana.org.au>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/14/1999 22:22:25
At 8:34 Uhr +0100 14.12.1999, Chris Baird wrote:
>I've got an Archive Python 25501/4520NT tape drive connected to a 1.4.1
>SE/30, and after reading the first ~1/2 megabyte from a tape the system
>freezes hard (can't NMI into the debugger).  The drive is known working,
>tape okay, terminated, unique SCSI id, SCSI1 mode, etc., etc...

What sort of tape is this? DDS, QIC? QIC support is BAD in NetBSD's tape
driver.

What scsi driver did you use? Contrary to ncrscsi, sbc does not do
disconnect-reconnect, and during long tape operations, you may run into a
timeout.

From Espresso's kernel config:

# SBC_PDMA      0x01    /* Use PDMA for polled transfers */
# SBC_INTR      0x02    /* Allow SCSI IRQ/DRQ interrupts */
# SBC_RESELECT  0x04    /* Allow disconnect/reselect */
sbc0            at obio? flags 0x1      # MI SCSI NCR 5380

-- can someone with commit rights please add the flag values to GENERIC?

	hauke